1. How much do you charge for specialty, sculpted, novelty or wedding cakes?
Prices vary depending on cake flavour, size and complexity of the design. Please contact us for a price quote.
2. Where do you deliver your cakes or cupcakes?
We do offer delivery services pending availability. A delivery charge will apply depending on your location. Please contact us for delivery charges.
3. Do you ship cakes or cupcakes?
We regret that we cannot SHIP cakes or cupcakes. We have however provided cakes to customers who have subsequently boarded planes with our creations. I however strongly recommend that you check with the airline that you will be using before placing your order.
4. Your cakes are beautiful, but do they taste good too?
At Sugar on Top, we make all of our creations to order. That means we’re baking them when you order them. We only use fresh ingredients, including real butter, milk, flour, sugar and eggs! This means our cakes not only look beautiful, but they also taste delicious – see what our happy clients are saying!
5. Do you offer tastings?
Unfortunately at this moment in time, we do not offer tastings. If you would like to taste our products, we would highly recommend that you order a small cake or a batch of cupcakes from our menu. You can also see what our happy clients are saying!
6. What cake flavours & fillings do you have?
All our cake flavours and fillings are listed on our menu.
7. I have my own cake flavour in mind, do you do custom cake flavours?
Our cakes are made to order, so if you have a flavour in mind, let us know and we’ll do everything we can to make it for you!
8. How can I order a cakes and cupcakes?
We take orders either by appointment, phone or email. Find our details on our Contact Page.
9. How far in advance should I place my order?
We’d like as much lead-time as possible…but if you have a short notice order, ask us, and we will let you know if we can accommodate your order. If possible, we ask that you give us at least 2 to 4 weeks notice on specialty cake orders or wedding orders.
10. Can I have fresh flowers on my cake?
Of course! Fresh flowers can dress up a cake for any occasion. Sugar on Top uses flowers that are food safe and organic. Should you have a florist that will be providing the flowers, we recommend that you ask your florist to only provide organic flowers that are pesticide free and ensure that the flowers do not come in contact with any other flowers that might be toxic to prevent contamination.
11. Is a deposit required when placing an order?
A 50% non-refundable deposit is required for large orders(Rs 2000+). Balance is due in full at time of delivery or collection.
12. What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, EFT payments and Western Union Transfers.
13. What is your cancellation policy?
We require 2 weeks notice if you wish to cancel your order. If we don’t get your notice on time you will unfortunately forfeit any deposit paid on the cake.
If an order is not picked up on the day of delivery or delivery is denied, the client is responsible for the remaining balance. Sugar on Top will make every attempt to contact the client in the event of a missed pickup date or denied delivery.
14. Do you have a retail store where I can walk in an purchase a cake on the spot?
We do not yet have a retail store. We currently bake from our home and we are by –appointment only.
15. Do you make display cakes?
We can make display cakes perfect for bridal events, outdoor weddings or magazine shoots. Please contact us.
16. I am interested in taking a cake decorating course. Are you offering a class?
Unfortunately we do not offer any decorating classes at this point in time.